Saturday, August 7, 2010

Oh boy, another Food Blog!

This is pretty daunting. I've already tried this blogging thing, and failed. I wasn't good about keeping up with it, and I never felt confident enough to invite anyone to my blog (except a couple of really close, understanding people). I think I posted five times. But--it wasn't about food. And as passionate as I am about food, this might work. Bear with me.
I've actually been posting foodie pics on my Facebook, but it seems silly to rant on and on about a new dish creation or a new eating place I've found on there. I'm hoping this venue will give me the satisfaction I want; a place to catalog and discuss.
I've looked at several other food blogs (OMG there's a million of them out there!) and I was a little intimidated. I mean, these people must spend hours on the computer! I do too, but that's my 9-5 (or 6 or 7) day, M-F, so I'm not crazy about being on it all night. I'll try to be concise and I'm sure I'll be successful at not posting every day (hence the failure of the first blog).
I watch a lot of cooking shows on every network that offers them, and of course, one of my favorite networks is Food Network, where I get a lot of inspiration. MY husband and I laugh about how when we first got married (over 27 years ago), the TV channel that was sort of just "left on" when doing other things around the house was MTV. There were actually music videos playing constantly on there! I know, everybody talks about that now. Point is, now our "left on" channel is the Food Network. And right now, we're into "The Next Food Network Star" show as this season is coming to an end.
I spend time (but not a lot) thinking about "What is my culinary point of view?" That's something the judges on the show try to get the contestants to bring to the table, so to speak. I'm not sure what mine would be. I love to eat. I love to look at food. I love to take pictures of food. I love outdoor cooking. I love cast iron/dutch oven cooking. I love leftovers. And there is a thing I like to do, and that's "startovers." My friends at work dubbed my dishes with that term, when we realized that it's not just leftovers that I'm toting up to the office, I've revamped them into an entirely different dish. Sometimes, not so good, but most of the time--pretty darn good! But is that really a point of view? I do hate to throw stuff out. And my mom taught me to cook way too much at meal time, so we always have leftovers.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
So, welcome to my blog. I hope you find it interesting and inspirational. I'm hoping to get some good feedback and wonderful ideas from the followers, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment